Your safety may be at risk when you drive if any of the statements below apply to you:
- I get lost sometimes when driving.
- My friends and family are worried about my driving.
- Other cars seem to appear out of nowhere.
- I have trouble seeing signs in time to respond to them.
- Other drivers drive too fast.
- Other drivers often honk at me.
- Driving is stressful.
- I feel tired after driving.
- I've had some near misses lately.
- My medication makes me drowsy.
- I have trouble turning the steering wheel.
- I have trouble managing the pedals.
- I have trouble looking over my shoulder when backing up.
- I don't like driving at night.
- I have trouble parking now.
Modified from the Physician's Guide to Assessing and Counseling Older Drivers. American Medical Association, National Highway Safety Administration, US Department of Transportation.
>> Read More about Fatigue while Driving